03 January, 2012

Re-Introduction

After a significant break, I am now ready to begin (again) chronicling my wanderings. As the title of the blog suggests, I am and have almost always been a wandering scholar. The purpose here will be to give space to the observations I have made in my wandering. There will be room for very little analysis, but much room for ‘seeing things as they are.’

Before defining the basic terms, I think it important to declare the baggage I carry as I wander around. The observations that I make and have made are motivated by a point of departure and framework. Almost by necessity I have become a reactionary Augustinian evangelical (in the classic sense). For additional resources about this foundation the reader is encouraged to go to Holy Scripture, St. Paul, St. Augustine and of course classic Martin Luther. Although my observations are predominated by this foundation, I have also been influenced by certain Rabelaisian Pantagruelisms and a Schopenhauerian view of unscrupulous optimism. There certainly is no mystery to this mix insofar as they underlie the observations of these pages; my prayer is that they represent an experienced mind and an examined life.

No comments: